- B.S. 1987 Chemistry, Hope College, Holland, Michigan
- Ph.D. 1992 Biochemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- DNA repair and recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Postdoc 1992-1996 Soil Science, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
- Nodulation of soybean by Rhizobium bacteria; Degradation of the herbicide atrazine by bacteria
Postdoc 1996-1998 Poultry Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Degradation of keratin by proteolytic Bacillus licheniformis
Dr. Kyria Boundy-Mills served as the temporary curator of the Wine Yeast and Bacteria culture collection in the UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology from 1998 to 1999. She joined the Phaff collection in 1999. She had the honor of working directly with Herman Phaff for the last two years of his life, and took over the management of his yeast culture collection when he died in 2001.
Boundy-Mills has several duties as the curator of the Phaff Yeast Culture Collection:
- Maintenance of the collection
- Distribution of cultures to academic and industrial researchers around the world
- Identification of yeast strains
- Research utilizing the strains in the collection, including contract screening projects
This Google Scholar page lists Dr. Boundy-Mills’ research publications.
She would be delighted to answer your questions regarding the Phaff collection, and yeast microbiology in general.